How to add services to an RFQ
After creating a job summary and uploading any required documentation to an RFQ, the next step in the RFQ creation process is to add all service and/or package requirements to the RFQ. The process of adding services to an RFQ is broken up into several sub-steps which have been outlined below.
Tip: Before adding services to an RFQ you are required to complete the job summary and upload relevant documentation. You can learn how to do this in our guides, How to create an RFQ and How to upload documents to an RFQ.
Add hire equipment, trades or products
To add services to your RFQ:
- Select the appropriate category type (Equipment, Trades or Products)
- Use the drop-down menu to select the appropriate category
- Select the relevant sub-category from the field that appears
- (Equipment only) Enter the required quantity in the field provided
- (If required) Enter the Quoting Close Date for this particular service, if it is different to the RFQ as a whole
- (Equipment only) Enter the Approximate Hire Duration. By providing a rough estimate you will match with the most relevant vendors who are available for this period. This information will be shown to vendors
- (Trades only) Enter the Approximate Package Value Range. By providing a rough estimate, you will match with the most relevant vendors. This information is confidential and will not be shown to vendors
- Enter the Service Title in the field provided
- Enter any required service comments. This may include a scope of works for this service, or any supporting information that will help vendors understand your needs
Note: You will only be required to specify a Quoting Close Date for a service if you have elected to use separate closing dates for each service when creating the job summary for the RFQ. You can set a closing date for an individual service that is before the closing date of the RFQ. Vendors will be required to submit their quote response for that particular service by the selected date. Qoting close dates for an individual service cannot be after the close date for the RFQ as a whole.
Set pricing requirements
Whilst adding services to an RFQ you are able to determine how you would like vendors to submit their pricing for each service.
Each service category can have a range of available options for pricing, the options you can select will vary based on the service. Whichever option you select here will determine how vendors are able to submit their pricing for this service.
To choose a pricing requirement, simply check the box beside the relevant option/s.
Instead of selecting from the pricing requirements, you also have the ability to create a custom pricing schedule. This will require vendors to submit their rates against a list of items or services that you have specified.
Tip: You can learn more about creating a custom pricing schedule in our guide, How to create a custom pricing schedule.
Note: The pricing requirement options that are available for each service category are determined by your organisation. If an option is not available that you would like to receive prices for, you will need to speak with your Felix Administrator.
Add quote requirements
A quote requirement is a requirement that vendors will need to acknowledge as part of their RFQ response. Your requirement will appear to vendors as a question with Yes, No or N/A response options. These responses will then be available for you to review when comparing quote responses.
To add quote requirements:
- Navigate to the Quote Requirements section when adding a service to your RFQ
- In the text box provided, enter your quote requirement (e.g. Do you have a Labour Hire License?)
- From the Apply To drop-down menu, choose whether this requirement applies to Only this service, Only this RFQ, Any RFQs or any items belonging to the same Service Category
- (Optional)Tick the box beside Non-Negotiable to make this a mandatory requirement. Vendors will only be allowed to submit the quote after selecting yes in response to the requirement
- Click the Add button to save your quote requirement
- Repeat steps 2-5 for each quote requirement you wish to include
Note: If you choose to apply a quote requirement to All RFQs, or any items belonging to the same Service Category, your quote requirement will automatically populate future RFQs meeting the criteria you have chosen.
Request documents from the vendor
A requested document is a document that vendors will need to submit as part of their RFQ response. In the Requested Documents section whilst adding a service, you are able to select or create your own requested document types for vendors to provide alongside their quote.
Requesting documents from a vendor is optional. You are able to request as many documents as needed and can assign requested documents to each service included in the RFQ. You can download and view all requested documents that have been provided by vendors when managing your live RFQ.
To request documents from a vendor:
- Navigate to the Requested Documents section when adding a service to an RFQ
- Use the Search or Create Document Types field to search for a commonly used document type, or create a new document type
- Click the Add button to add your chosen or created document type to the list of requested documents
- Check the box beside all document types that you would like to request from your vendors for this service
Tip: Document types requested by your organisation's Felix administrator will already be populated in the Requested Documents list.
Add an evaluation template
The next step when adding a service is to select any evaluation templates that you wish to use to evaluate quote responses. You will be able to select a template from any active evaluation templates configured by your organisation's Felix administrator.
To add an evaluation template:
- Navigate to the Evaluation Template Selector section when adding a service to an RFQ
- Select the required evaluation template from the drop-down menu
- (Optional) Repeat Step 2 to add multiple evaluation templates
Assign documents to the service
If you uploaded any documents when creating the RFQ you will be required to link them to the specific services they relate to. Vendors who match with a service will be able to review all documents related to that service and provide a compliant and comprehensive quote response.
Each document is required to be linked to at least one service within the RFQ. If a document is not linked to at least one service, you will be alerted at the last stage of creation, before you are able to distribute the RFQ.
To assign documents to a service:
- Navigate to the Documents section when adding a service to the RFQ
- Check the box beside each document that you would like to assign to this service
- Click the Save Service to RFQ button once you have finished
Warning: Vendors will not be able to see documents related to services that they have not matched to. Please ensure you have related documents to all relevant services.
Tip: Instead of checking the box beside each individual document, you can use the Select drop-down menu to assign documents to a service. Select Copy from to copy your selection from another service in the same RFQ. Choose Select All to assign all available documents, or choose Select None to not assign any documents to this service.
Review & finalise services
You can view all the services you have added to the RFQ in the Selected Services table in the top right of the page. You can remove a service from your RFQ by clicking the delete icon beside the relevant service. You are able to edit a service by clicking the name of the relevant service.
After reviewing your services and ensuring all requirements have been entered correctly, you can click the Finish: Review & Finalise button beneath the Selected Services table to proceed to the next stage of the RFQ creation process.
Tip: You can learn more about the next stage of the RFQ creation process by reading our guide, How to review and distribute an RFQ.