The issuing organisation for an RFQ may request that you submit your quote's pricing in a custom pricing schedule. A pricing schedule format in Felix that allows them to compare proposals more easily.
To complete a pricing schedule for an RFQ:
- Go to the Response tab of the RFQ.
- Under Pricing section or your chosen service/package, click the Open Pricing Schedule button.
- Observe the following features of the pricing schedule:
- Optional column - If a client has labelled a row Optional, you are not required to respond to that row but you may if you to quote on those items.
- (If your client has configured this) Quantity (Proposed) - This column allows you to suggest quantities different to what the client has estimated.
- Currency - Either the default RFQ currency will be shown across the table or the currency you chose in the RFQ Response tab (only where you are provided an option by the client).
- Export button (top right corner of the pricing schedule) - At any time, you can export the pricing schedule view into a CSV format. Use this to prepare your responses offline before coming back to enter values into Felix and/or when you have completed an offline record of your submission later.
- For each row/item on the pricing schedule, you can select to Quoted, flag it as Included or flag it as Excluded.
- If you enter a rate into the Rate column, the Status column will automatically flag the item as Quoted. (You may also be required to provide a Lead Time and Manufacturer if the client has requested this.)
- If you want to indicate that a row is included elsewhere on the pricing schedule, select Included in the Status column. This will clear any rate you may have entered. We highly recommend to use the Comments feature to provide more context on where it is included.
- If you want to indicate that a row is excluded from your quote altogether, select Excluded in the Status column. This will clear any rate you may have entered. We highly recommend to use the Comments feature to provide more context on the reason for your inability to provide the item.
- Update the Rate column for each line item on the pricing schedule by clicking the cell twice.
- (optional You can leave comments under the Comments column by clicking the bubble icon on each line item.
- Comments - Enter any relevant context required. Highly recommended to add a comment here for Included and Excluded line items.
- Inclusions - Typically used for Quoted items to refine or clarify the scope of what you have quoted.
- Exclusions - Typically used for Quoted items to refine or clarify the scope of what you have quoted.
- If you later decide to quote an item that you flagged as Included or Excluded, you can change the status to Quoted in the Status column. This will require you to enter a Rate (and possibly a Lead Time and Manufacturer if the client has requested this.)
- At any time, click Finish & Close at the top right corner of the pricing schedule to save your work and return to the RFQ screen.
- If you Finish & Close (save) without completing the full pricing schedule, you will be prompted to either set all blank items as Included or Excluded.
- You can return to the pricing schedule later to complete it, changing item statuses as desired before you submit your RFQ on the Response tab.