To prepare for assigning evaluations on your vendors, their RFQ responses or on their engagements, you must create an evaluation template.
Evaluation templates are made up of one or more weighted criteria, where each criteria can have one or more questions included for evaluators to respond to.
You can create as many evaluation templates as you need to run the various types of evaluations your organisation needs to perform on vendors, RFQ responses or engagements.
Preparing to create a template
Felix offers the following features of a template for you:
- Template Title - Prepare a descriptive title that might include a project specific or subject specific label. For example, you could include "project X" in the title if the template is unique to a project or "RFQ Non-Cost Criteria" for use on RFQs.
- Choice of whether the template will impact Vendor Performance Scores - Decide whether this template, when used, should impact the persistent performance score that is shown on a vendor profile. For example, you may choose to not impact vendor performance when using a template intended for RFQ responses only. This can be toggled on and off later on if needed.
- Criteria - You can have as many criteria as you wish. Each criteria has a weighting and the total of all criteria weightings must equal 100%. Criteria that only include free text question types can only have a weighting of 0%.
- Question Types - For you to include in your template:
- Free Text - These are unscorable and typically used to capture other demographics or qualitative feedback.
- Yes/No - When an evaluator scores "Yes", a score of 100% is given.
- 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 0-5 or 0-10 - Scaled questions where a score of 0% is possible.
- 1-3, 1-4, 1-5 or 1-10 - Scaled questions where a score of 0% is not possible.
- 0, 3, 7, 10 - An alternate scaled question type where 0% is possible.
- Question Options- Depending upon the question type, the following options are also available to configure on each question:
- Require response - All question types - Make a response mandatory so evaluator must respond.
- Customise scale - For scaled questions only - Enter custom descriptions for each score level to guide evaluators on how to pick a score.
- Add attachment option - All question types - Provide evaluators a spot to provide backup/evidence to their responses.
- Make comments mandatory - All question types except Free Text - Forces evaluators to enter a comment in addition to scoring the question.
- Add N/A response option - For all scorable questions - Allows evaluators to opt out of scoring a question if they are not in a position to.
Creating an evaluation template
To create an evaluation template:
- Navigate to Tools > Evaluation Templates from the main menu.
- Click the Add Template button.
- Enter a Template Title in the field provided.
- Make a selection using the Use this template to calculate Vendor Performance Scores checkbox.
- Click the Create Template button.
- Enter a Criteria title in the field provided.
- Enter a Weighting as a percentage value for the criteria in the field provided.
- Click the Add Criteria button.
- Select a Question Type from the dropdown.
- Enter the question that should be applied to the criterion in the Question Title field.
- Click the Add Question button.
- Below the questions, Options will be available for you to select as to how the vendor would respond.
- (Optional) Require a response to this question - This checkbox is selected by default but it can be deselected depending on your preference. This means that the question is required to be answered by the evaluator.
- (Optional) Custom scale - This allows you to define what each number on the scale represents, for guidance in evaluators and their scoring choice.
- (Optional) Add attachment option for responses - This allows the evaluator to also attach supporting documents to their response.
- (Optional) Make comments mandatory - This requires the evaluator to add comments when answering a question.
- (Optional) Add N/A (not applicable) response option - The evaluator can respond with "N/A" if the question is not applicable on their end.
- To add a further question for this criteria, click the Add New Question button then repeat steps 9-12.
- To add another criteria, click the Add New Criteria button then repeat steps 6-12. Note that all criteria must add up to 100% total.
- To save the template, click the Save and Continue Later button.
- To make the template available to users in your organisation, click the Publish Template button.