How to request RFQ approval
After creating and reviewing your RFQ, the next step of the creation is to request approval from organisation users.
Tip: You can learn more about approval groups and the order of the approval workflow by reading our guide, Understanding approval groups and workflows
Request RFQ approval
To request RFQ approval:
- Navigate to the Unapproved Packages section of the Approval and Send stage of the RFQ creation form
- Locate the service that you would like to request approval for
- Click the Prepare Approval Workflow button next to the relevant service
- Review the RFQ Details section to ensure all the details for this service are correct
- Review the Nominated Vendors section to ensure an accurate listing of all the vendors you would like to request to quote on this service
- Respond to the questions that follow. This may include a list of mandatory and non-mandatory questions and/or document uploads
- Select the appropriate project group from the drop-down menu
- Select the appropriate user group from the drop-down menu
- Review the approval workflow list that is automatically populated with the relevant approval group for this service
- Click the Save button
- Click the Send for Approval button to finalise
Once the Send for Approval button has been clicked, an email will be automatically sent to the approvers, notifying them of their enrollment in the approval workflow.
Note: You will only be able to distribute the RFQ to vendors after all approval workflows have been completed and approved. Until this time, the status of your RFQ will show as Saved.